7/16/21 What's Trending This Week?
Normally we handpick newsletter issues by independent writers that provide new or unique perspectives.... but our lead researcher/writer (me) is headed out on maternity leave soon so we are exploring some other newsletter content opportunities that aren't quite as time-intensive (but hopefully still as valuable and insightful!).
Luckily this timing also coincides with some new narrowSCALE product features (exciting!) that analyze the thousands of newsletters we receive each week to produce a set of newly emerging and trending topics in newsletters! Over the next few months we'll be sharing these trending terms as well as highlighting some specifically-themed newsletters.
Thanks for sticking with us until our normal programming resumes! We welcome your feedback on the different types of content and are happy to adjust based on that!
Also, if someone forwarded you this and you'd like to subscribe, you can do that here -- thanks!)
Here's what's trending this week in newsletters...enjoy!
This week over 8000 issues came in...
And here is what our analysis shows:
(Click on any of the terms to learn more about them and read newsletter issues they're in)
Newly Emerging Terms
- Emmy ... as in the Emmy Awards and nominations
- Cuban ... protests & demonstrations in Cuba / in support of Cuba
- spelling ...National Spelling Bee
- derby ...Major League Baseball's Home Run Derby
- Schumer ...Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer
Biggest Increase in Usage from Previous Week
- Nominees ... for the Emmy Awards
- Branson ... Richard Branson
- Assassination ... of the Haitian President
- Jovenel ... the assassinated Haitian President Jovenel Moise
- Galactic ... Virgin Galactic
Most Used Terms
Note that these "Most Used" terms tend to be used very broadly, in lots of contexts... vs. the other "Emerging" and "Biggest Usage Increase" terms which are, as you can tell, quite narrow and likely more meaningful/interesting.
If you know someone who may enjoy this newsletter, feel free to forward!
And if you're looking for any specific newsletters to read, you can always email me or explore narrowSCALE.
And, if you're not subscribed to THIS newsletter yet, please subscribe here :)!